CARES Act Funding Opportunity
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security ACT (CARES Act) passed on March 27, 2020, and signed by President Trump, established the Coronavirus Relief Fund, and appropriated $150 billion to Coronavirus Relief Fund. Each of Missouri’s counties received an allocation based on population. The Regional Council is serving as reimbursement administrator for some of the counties in the Region. Before completing an application, please review the list of eligible expenses contained within application to make certain that your request is allowable under the Act. Please remember that all requests for reimbursement must be necessary expenditures incurred due to the public health emergency with respect to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID–19). The expenditure that you are requesting reimbursement for was not included in your most recent budget. The purchase must be due to COVID-19. Only expenses incurred between March 1, 2020 and Dec. 30, 2020, will be eligible for reimbursement.
To Apply for CARES Act Reimbursement Funding through one of the counties listed below, please follow these directions:
- All entities must complete the CARES Funding Certification the first time you apply. (County departments do not have to submit this form as the county signed the form to accept the funds. By signing this form, you are certifying that you will only submit requests for eligible expenses and that, should it be determined that any expense is ineligible, you will repay the funds to the county.
- Complete the CARES Act application and the Reimbursement spreadsheets to summarize all your entity’s reimbursable costs. Completed spreadsheets must be submitted with your request.
- When completing the spreadsheets, you must include the relevant reimbursement code from the identification key, which is part of the application form.
- Submit a copy of all invoices and supporting documentation for each item requested for reimbursement (including all receipts and proof of payment).
- Provide payroll documentation for any labor reimbursement requests. Please include documentation on the time that was specific to COVID-19 (hours and work performed.)
- Please know that these funds cannot be used as a revenue replacement for lower than expected tax or other revenue collections.
- Because these funds may be subject to the Single Audit Act, required documentation may be more stringent than found in some grant programs.
Submit completed requests and required documentation to:
Northwest Missouri Regional Council of Governments
Attn: Amy Dowis
114 W. Third Street
Maryville, MO 64468
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Public Entities Should Use the Following Forms:
Points of contact to email or call:
660.582.5121 ext. 3